exceptions

Zunbeltz Izaola zunbeltz at wm.lc.ehu.es.XXX
Tue Jun 1 03:10:03 EDT 2004

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> writes:

> Pardon: I don't know why I thought this was related to testing
> code.

No problem :-)

> > My program is controling and instrument (an x-ray powder
> > diffractometer) and some parts of the instrument are not working for
> > the moment, so i want to disable all error i get from this instrument
> > (are coded like exceptions)
>
> What is the interface to the instrument?  Is there some sort of
> driver/wrapper layer that handles the communication with the
> device?  Your only hope, I think, is to intercept things at
> that level and avoid/trap the exceptions before they get up
> to the higher level.  In effect, stubs as Irmen suggested...

Finally I do something similar to Irmen's suggestion.

> It sounds like you are quite capable of figuring it out at
> this point, though, since all you wanted to know was whether
> you could continue after an exception and now you know you
> cannot. :-)

Yes, I only wanted to know if there was an easy way to continue after
an exception; and I can't (nobody can :-)

Thanks to all for your answers (and sorry for re-starting and annual
thread)

Zunbeltz

--
Zunbeltz Izaola Azkona                    |  wmbizazz at lg dot ehu
dotes