OSX IDE usability issues

Lou Pecora pecora at anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Mon Jun 7 09:45:28 EDT 2004

In article <6ee58e07.0406070440.6f5f0671 at posting.google.com>,
 llothar at web.de (Lothar Scholz) wrote:

> There are a lot of improvements by using an interpreted language like
> python, but maybe this does not fit your personal programming style.
> If you get more experience with programming you will find that testing
> individuell code snippets will be less and less important. Of couse
> it's nice to explore a new library but this can also be done with
> simple scripts. In fact i find it much more complicated to cut&paste
> code instead of running a file where i do the changes.

I agree with this last paragraph.  I typically build the code in stages
and run it between stages with some prints or something else to check
each stage.  It's easy, doesn't involve copy-past or command lines.  I'm
testing the code in-place.  I think that's easier and better.  Just code
and hit cmd-R.

-- Lou Pecora
     My views are my own.

 (Steven Wright)