Compilers/Interpreters books?

phil hunt zen19725 at zen.co.uk
Thu Jun 24 18:20:52 EDT 2004

>Hrvoje Blazevic wrote:
>>
>>> Are there any good books on Interpreter/Compiler construction, using
>>> Python as a defining language out there? Something like Essentials of
>>> Programming Languages 2e ?
>>>
>>> I would appreciate some pointers
>>>
>>> -- Hrvoje
>>
>> After 48+ hours without answer, am I to assume that no such books exist,
>> or that the Python itself is not up to this task?

I'm currently writing a compiler in Python, and have previously
written a code generator in it, so I can verify it is up to the
job.

A good reference for compiler writing is the "Dragon Book", more
formally _Compilers Principles, Techniques and Tools_ by Aho,
Sethi and Ullman. It doesn't give Python code examples, but you
don't need them; once you know the concepts, you can apply them in
any language.

(Email: zen19725 at zen dot co dot uk)