Is this just for readability to the developer? python

David Stockwell winexpert at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 2 08:23:53 EDT 2004

Hi,

I was looking through some of our source code and I found this:

initModule( "$Revision: 3.1 $".split(" ")[1] )

In this example, it looks like only the '3.1' is actually passed to the
function.  Which leads me to speculate that the rest of it is just there to
make it easier for the developer when looking at source code to see what
version of the module is being used.

The only thing I think i notice is its also passing a list of one element?

Is this a typical way to do this in python?

Thanks

David
-------
Tracfone: http://cellphone.duneram.com/index.html