Script to condense the review page

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Fri Jun 25 10:45:35 EDT 2004

Skip Montanaro wrote:

>     Neil> On Windows using Mozilla, I had to comment out the
>     Neil> os.unlink(htmlfile) as the file is gone before the browser can
>     Neil> open it. Maybe sleep for 5 seconds before unlinking?
>
> Yeah, I realized that would perhaps be a problem.  Windows might be
> problematic even with the sleep.  Wouldn't the unlink() call fail if the
> browser has the file open?  (Hopefully it would close it quickly.)
>
>     Neil> I would like to have a web page that merged all four MailMan lists
>     Neil> I manage together with duplicated messages only appearing once so
>     Neil> they can be removed quickly.
>
> Hack away... ;-)

I'd be happy to hack on it too, as I have two or three lists which
I have to clear out every day or so...

What I don't understand is why I have to do it at all, though.
I've got Mailman configured (near as I can tell) not to allow
*any* posts from non-subscribers.  Why should I, as admin, have
to deal with manually rejecting these posts at all?!  Most of
them say something about "Spam Assassin thinks this might be spam".
Well, so what?  Delete it, period, since it wasn't from a subscriber.

Or am I missing something obvious about how this all works?

-Peter