any trick to allow anonymous code blocks in python?

Doug Holton insert at spam.here
Sat Jun 26 00:37:12 EDT 2004

Christian Tismer wrote:
> Looks like a problem with an interface for users.
> Do you want to make the definition
> of actions in a GUI simpler for your users?

Right, that is what I was trying to do.

> In the latter case, it is probably simplest to define
> a smallish sub-language by a few rules, and create
> proper Python functions at initialization time?

That's a great goal, creating a simplified python dialect that can be
converted to regular Python syntax and bytecode.  It's a little outside
of my reach right now though.  And prothon which was mentioned recently
is incompatible with the python "virtual machine".

I just saw recently someone made a bytecode hack to allow for decorators
in Python:
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/286147
and I just thought I'd ask if anyone had done anything similar to allow
for code blocks, but I guess not.  No big deal.