Another MSIE Python Question

Ralph A. Gable r.gable at mchsi.com
Sat Jun 19 22:54:39 EDT 2004

Here's the stack dump:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python22\lib\ufutil.py", line 661, in updatetocurrent
    getplayerdata(l,i)
  File "C:\Python22\lib\ufutil.py", line 478, in getplayerdata
    ie=Dispatch('InternetExplorer.Application.1')
  File "C:\Python22\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\__init__.py",
line 95, in Dispatch
    dispatch, userName =
dynamic._GetGoodDispatchAndUserName(dispatch,userName,clsctx)
  File "C:\Python22\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\dynamic.py",
line 84, in _GetGoodDispatchAndUserName
    return (_GetGoodDispatch(IDispatch, clsctx), userName)
  File "C:\Python22\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\dynamic.py",
line 72, in _GetGoodDispatch
    IDispatch = pythoncom.CoCreateInstance(IDispatch, None, clsctx,
pythoncom.IID_IDispatch)
com_error: (-2147221231, 'ClassFactory cannot supply requested class',
None, None)