Distutil question

Steve Menard steve.menard at videotron.ca
Thu Jun 10 13:16:04 EDT 2004

I built a extension module that I'd like to distribute via distutil. It
consists of a bunch of cpp and hpp files.

my setup.py files looks like this :

import os, os.path

cpp = []
hpp = []
for i in os.listdir("src/native"):
     if i[-4:] == '.cpp' :
         cpp.append( "src/native/"+i)
     elif i[-4:] == '.hpp' :
         hpp.append( "src/native/"+i)

e = Extension("_jpype", cpp,
include_dirs=[os.getenv("JAVA_HOME")+"/include",
os.getenv("JAVA_HOME")+"/include/win32"] )

setup(
     name="JPype",
     version="0.2.1p1",
     description="Python-Java bridge",
     author="Steve Menard",
     author_email="devilwolf at users.sourceforge.net",
     url="http://jpype.sourceforge.net/",
     packages=["jpype"],
     package_dir={"jpype": "src/python/jpype"},
     ext_modules=[e]
)

now, if I add the hpp list to the extension sources, I get an error that
it does not know what to do with the hpp files.

How do I go about distributing those files so that a source dsitribution
will compile properly? should I rename them to .h files instead?

Thanks for your help,

Steve