mutable default parameter problem [Prothon]

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Thu Jun 24 05:34:46 EDT 2004

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 20:38:51 -0400, rumours say that Peter Hansen
<peter at engcorp.com> might have written:

>> I also said I was
>> sorry in my very first posting.  If you want me to repeat this a third time
>> I will.
>
>It's likely that Christos' Usenet link (if that's how he gets
>this group) is much slower than yours or mine... he may not
>have received (or at least read) either of the other replies
>by the time he sent his own...
>
>Or, he might just want you to repeat it a third time. ;-)

I am actually reading through Usenet... the newsserver link is fast, but
the arrival order of posts is not guaranteed, so I don't read messages
in the same order as people using the mail list.  Often I post a reply
to a single message, only to find in the next synchronisation that
others did reply even earlier than me saying more or less the same
things.  Other times I don't bother, saying "somebody else will reply to
this trivial question", and next day I find out that everybody else
thought the same as I did.  That's Usenet (sigh).
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,
"Tssss!" --Brad Pitt as Achilles in unprecedented Ancient Greek