Eclipse and Python

Steve Menard steve.menard at videotron.ca
Tue Jun 15 11:26:24 EDT 2004

ChrisH wrote:
> Is anyone using Eclipse with python?
>
> I did a google search and discovered this was brought up about a year
> ago, but I'm wondering if there have been any significant improvements
> with the python plugins and if anyone is using them.

  I am currently PyDev with eclipse. It works, more or less. At the very
least, it does as much as pretty every other Python Editor I have seen,
plus it is famillair to me since I spend most of my time in eclipse.

It does not however provide those niceties made easy by Java's static
typing. I.e. refactorin, ctrl-click to go to definition, etc ...

It is supposed to include a debugger, but I havent had the chance to try
it out yet.

Steve