Which is the most mature Soap module?

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Tue Jun 1 15:42:56 EDT 2004

Mickel Grönroos <mickel at csc.fi> writes:

> To the heart of the matter: Which of the available Soap modules is best
> fitted for client side soap messaging? I have an upload service (written
> in Perl) that I want to use from a Python application. What I want to do
> is send base64 encoded files via Soap to this upload service which is on a
> SSL encrypted server. I cannot really grasp the current development status

IIRC, ZSI is.  Certainly there is no solid WSDL implementation.

Don't take my poor memory as gospel, though, read the recent article
by Uche Ogbuji and Mike Olson that was referenced in a recent weekly
Python-URL.

Or you could just stick with httplib (I'd certainly rather not know
anything about SOAP if I can help it, though).

> of the various Soap modules around. Those I have found seem to need a lot
> of other third-party modules.
[...]

What third-party modules?  PyXML is the only one that comes to mind.
That's only one package.

John