if does not evaluate

Jim Newton jimka at rdrop.com
Mon Jun 7 16:17:56 EDT 2004

well, i accept the fact that python offers some simple
concepts and you do a lot with simple concepts, but why
can't you put an if inside a lambda? if "if" were evaluatable
then you would be able to do that.  it seems to me.

lambda seem to work for very simple things but not for
anything substantial.