Simple Python script to read and output MailBox body to a file

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Sun Jun 6 10:50:25 EDT 2004

William Park wrote:

> Chuck Amadi <chuck at smtl.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Has anyone got a simple python script that will parse a linux  mbox
>>and create a large file to view .
>

> "Create a large file to view"?  Care to elaborate?

I've sent him a working example that disassembles mailboxes in both mbox and maildir form.  Personally, I'm now scouting around for code that will let you delete and expunge messages from an mbox mailbox.  I fear I need to pull my thumb out and expand the mailbox module to handle writing as well.  mbox manipulations are butt ugly.

---eric