Setting X properties in tkinter or wxPython

Thorkild Stray thorkild at ifi.uio.no
Tue Jun 22 15:20:37 EDT 2004

Hi!

I am trying to embed ghostscript into a suitable widget so that it renders
it's image there.

This is support by ghostscript by setting an environment variable that
indicates what window you want it to write to, and then setting a property
on that window (aptly named "GHOSTVIEW"). I am having problems finding a
way of adding this X property. I've tried both wxPython and tkinter
(pygtk2 wouldn't easily give me the x window id without patching it), but
I can't find a suitable way of adding such a property.
Ghostscript needs to read information from that property before drawing
the contents.

Anybody got an idea?

--
Thorkild