Python Color Printing

Duncan Booth me at privacy.net
Thu Jun 24 09:17:26 EDT 2004

klachemin at home.com (Kamilche) wrote in
news:889cbba0.0406240136.3a735356 at posting.google.com:

> I'm pretty desperate to get color syntax printing. I just tried out
> the evaluation version of 'Komodo', which several people in here
> suggested, and its print features are terrible. The text is coming out
> huge when I print at 8 point, tiny when I'm printing at 14 point (so
> tiny that it looks like subscripts), the margins are reset at random,
> and so on. Plus it doesn't recognize all my fonts.
>
> I don't care if the pretty printer is in an IDE. I just want color
> printing with headers and footers! And I wanted it automated - I don't
> want to have to print each one by hand, I want to start them all
> printing and walk away. It has to be able to print in larger fonts
> reliably, because 10 point is too small for my computer-weary eyes.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> --Kamilche

Try SciTE which can be downloaded free from http://www.scintilla.org

It will print[*] any of its supported languages in colour, or can export to
HTML, Rtf, Pdf &c. The latest versions are scriptable (in Lua) so you
should be able to automate the process if you really have that many files.

Headers, footers, and fonts are all configurable through properties files
(and I expect configurable from scripts as well).

[*] Direct printing only works on windows, on other platforms you can
convert to pdf or html and print that.