Python Magazine exists!

Mark mark at pyzine.com
Fri Jun 25 11:08:47 EDT 2004

Hello Ognen,

On Jun 25, 2004, at 10:35 AM, Ognen Duzlevski wrote:

> I went to see your magazine and it looks pretty nice. However, you do
> publish quarterly and in my humble opinion, a
> yearly subscription of 49 Euros is crazy.

It all comes down to being able to pay the bills now doesn't it.

Unlike the "old Py" where authors we now have have significant
costs for editing and writing (and the occasional design work as well).

We refuse to run a Magazine where we can not compensate authors for
writing about Python.

We expect that for the next 1 to 2 years we will be publishing at a
loss (this
is based on our experience with ZopeMag) but that eventually we will
break
even and (oh god) maybe even make a modest profit. This would be
impossible
for us to do for less than 49 Euros.

But feel free to call us crazy! :-)

Cheers,