Templating engine?

Pierre-Frédéric Caillaud peufeu at free.fr
Fri Jun 18 17:13:40 EDT 2004

	google skunkweb
	really nice, cool, fast
	powerful embedded templating engine
	full power of python (not at all like Zope)
	persistant database connections are just one function call
	kicks ass

	200 hits/s on small dynamic pages with SQL in them on my machine...
	on large pages, spits out about 4 MBytes/s of HTML, almost all text in
the page
	except HTML tags coming from the database...

	all this with caching turned off...

	brilliant design...

	kicks PHP ass anytime

	I even did a photoshop-in-a-webpage stuff with some Javascript & CSS and
server-side processing
	with PIL to allow the user to adjust image contrast and crop images with
the mouse... realtime preview
	with zooming of course...

	mod_python is really too low level.