Could python help to create hundreds of NT accounts ?

google account mynews44 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 1 18:39:32 EDT 2004

Not really being a programmer, but thinking that there must be a
better way than to do it by hand and havign a friend who likes to tell
me that python is the answer to everything I am hoping.

I have two NT4 domains, and I need to create instances of all the
account names from one in the other.

All accounts need to have identical group memberships to each other,
and different passwords.

I have in mind some program that will automatically generate a
password (I already wrote one of those) and write out to a csv file
username,passwd thgat we can refer to when the clients need to log
into their new account.

Because there are about 1600 accounts,  I'd really love it if there
was a way to do this with a script.

I bought the Dietel How to Program Python book in an attempt to learn
this language,  but it doesn't seem to have much in it related to NT
stuff like this.

IF anyone has done anything like this,  or knows how,  I'd love to
hear from you.

Cha!

nemir (at) hot mail dot com