does not work on freeBSD but works on linux, and windows

Oliver Fromme olli at haluter.fromme.com
Wed Jun 30 05:42:12 EDT 2004

John fabiani <jfabiani at yolo.com> wrote:
 > 1. the freeBSD 4.4 is a couple of years old using:
 > Python 2.1.1 (#1, Sep 13 2001, 18:12:15)

FreeBSD 4.4 is quite old, and I would strongly recommend
upgrading, especially if the machine is connected to a
network.  The latest stable release of FreeBSD is 4.10.
It also comes with the latest version of Python (2.3.4),
both as a ready-made binary package and as a "port" for
easy compilation.

I suggest you upgrade that machine.  I'm sure the problem
won't persist.

Best regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Konrad-Celtis-Str. 72, 81369 Munich, Germany

``All that we see or seem is just a dream within a dream.''
(E. A. Poe)