Python Speed Question and Opinion

Jacek Generowicz jacek.generowicz at cern.ch
Tue Jun 8 07:37:51 EDT 2004

Peter Hickman <peter at semantico.com> writes:

> No one that has ever said to me that all they are concerned about is
> speed has actually gone for assembler, they tend to start eulogizing
> 'rapid development', 'ease of debugging' and other claptrap.

You're forgetting other claptrap, such as "correctenss of
program". All irrelevant twaddle, I completely agree.

I see that Peter Hansen has neatly re-iterated my original point
(which you appear to have missed), so I won't address that.

[Warning to the reader: The above message was brought to you with a
higher level of irony than you may be used to.]