wxPython syntax

Roger Binns rogerb at rogerbinns.com
Sun Jun 27 17:42:12 EDT 2004

OKB (not okblacke) wrote:
> but it still seems like it would be
> nice if there were a real PYTHON GUI library.

It is all open source - feel free to write your own or collaborate with
other people.

In my experience of writing gui in several different programming
languages and platforms, it is *always* tedious and long winded.
(The only exception is immature or incomplete toolkits in the
first few years of their existence).

One thing I recommend you do is try to move the actual construction
of the gui interface out of your code.  Use something like XRC
which describes the interface in XML.

You will still need to hook the various interface widgets/events
into code, but you will be able to do that in a way that makes
sense for the program you are writing.

Roger