Empty directories with zipfile

Fuzzyman michael at foord.net
Wed Jun 9 10:16:35 EDT 2004

I have created a set of classes that will profile a file structure and
record all changes as a simple markup and single zipfile of all
new/modified files. I can't get the zipfile module to archive an empty
directory - you need to give it a filename. I know the zip format will
support it as winzip will allow it... I looked at the zipfile module
source - and I'm sure it's not impenetrable but I don't wish to learn
the intricasies of the zip format just yet :-)

Anyone got any ideas - beyond extending the markup to record *all*
empty directories created as well...... ??

Regards,

Fuzzy