Question about alpha blending and low level drawing on widgets

Christopher T King squirrel at WPI.EDU
Mon Jun 28 18:42:26 EDT 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, Gabriele Farina *DarkBard* wrote:

> 2) Use TK Canvas, but I think it does not understand alpha (am I right??) ..

The Tk Canvas doesn't understand alpha per se, but it does allow you to
stipple objects -- i.e. fill in only a certain percentage of points in the
object. You only get a few different stippling levels (10, 25, 50, 75, and
90%, I think) and it's not true alpha blending, but it looks decent and
may satisfy your needs. This will be the easiest option by far, since Tk
is multiplatform and has a very powerful Canvas widget.