Python 'Lets Me See The Forest'

Eric @ Zomething eric at zomething.com
Sat Jun 5 16:15:52 EDT 2004

Kamilche wrote:

> Wow, you must be quite skilled in the intricacies of Python, then. Do
> you have a web page where you share pearls of Python wisdom? From my
> Google searches, it appears pages like that are still very necessary
> in this language. :-)
>
> I wish I had a better book on it, or the online reference was more
> comprehensive.

I picked up a copy of Programming Python, by Mark Lutz [http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?tag=ericpederyze-20&path=tg/detail/-/0596000855/qid%3D1086465499/sr%3D1-1] and have found it very helpful.  Even though I picked up the old first edition (by mistake, should have gotten the 2nd Edition!) it is full of pearls, a lot of wisdom that would have taken me a fair while to discover on my own.  I can pick it up, read for 15 minutes, and have sharper tools in my Python shed.

You might check out that book - if you find its pearls trivial, then you may be wiser than you realize (and I will look forward to absorbing the pearls of Python web page you'll be writing for folks like me)

cheers!

LINK:  <A HREF="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?tag=ericpederyze-20&path=tg/detail/-/0596000855/qid%3D1086465499/sr%3D1-1">Programming Python, by Mark Lutz</A>