Secure File Transfer

Samuele Giovanni Tonon tonon at students.cs.unibo.it
Thu Jun 17 09:42:16 EDT 2004

hi,
glauco forwarded the message to the newsgroup due to some problem
to my network access, but now it seems i'm able, so i'm replying by
myself :-).

On 2004-06-16, Lonnie Princehouse <fnord at u.washington.edu> wrote:
> Check out twisted.conch (www.twistedmatrix.com)
ops i almost forgot it, thanks !

> Even if you're determined to reinvent a wheel (I understand, it's fun
> sometimes), you might find twisted more useful than SocketServer.
Well i'd like to reinvent the wheel for these reasons:

- i'd like to better understand all the cryptographic protocol
  and which one best fit on python and for my application

- i have some kind of fear and loathing againts SSL (mostly because
  of openssl command line) and i think it has too much feature for
  me ( i only need some cryptography based on "ring of trust" rather
  than CA )

Basycally the program i'd like to make is a secure file transfer, but it
implements also the server, i'd like to make something easy to use , secure,
to make available for people on different O.S. on untrusted network to
exchange data (with resume support).
In this way i'd like to think to something which best fit my requirements
(fast handshaking, without user authentication, based on the trust
that someone has of the public key of the connecting host) .
I have some knowledge of cryptographic protocol, however i'd like to know
which one you would suggest me to use (and from what modules) .

Regards
Samuele

--
Samuele Giovanni Tonon <tonon at students.cs.unibo.it>