urllib2.urlopen(req) error........

John F Dutcher John_Dutcher at urmc.rochester.edu
Mon Jun 7 13:00:26 EDT 2004

I don't really think there's any Python bug...just thought my hoster's
implementation (it's new to them) might be flawed.
The dismay is that there are (9) scripts which dynamically create html
pages
which work flawlessly on Win XP where I develope them. As with another
similar site I did....every single script has to be tweaked before it
will run on Linux
servers with Linux Python. In the current case, as with 90% of the
others, it's always 'premature end of script headers' as the error.
While the 'printing' of
the 'Content type:....' statements are very much in place, with the
accompanying '\n\n' to generate a blank line....there is still an
unfortunate session of trial and error to get past this issue. The
offending script noted here fails as it does 'process_req(ls)' (ls
being a list of parameters for the script being loaded (read)).
I just thought something 'new' might be going on given the point of
failure.