parsing

Todd Moyer tmoyer at inventa.com
Wed Jun 23 09:24:36 EDT 2004

I would like to use Python to parse a *python-like* data description
language.  That is, it would have it's own keywords, but would have a
syntax like Python.  For instance:

Ob1 ('A'):
    Ob2 ('B'):
        Ob3 ('D')
        Ob3 ('E')
    Ob2 ('C')

I'm looking for the ':' and indentation to provide nested execution so I
can use a description like the one above to construct an object tree.

In looking at the parser and tokenize sections of the Python Language
Services (http://docs.python.org/lib/language.html), it looks as though
this will only parse Python keywords.  Is there a way to tap into Python
parsing at a lower level so that I can use it to parse my own keywords?

Thanks,
Todd Moyer