eZ80 - correction [z80 vs Python thread]

Paul Rubin http
Fri Jun 25 18:07:45 EDT 2004

"Janusz U." <nopsoft at poczta.onet.pl> writes:
> I have an idea that implements the Python interpreter for eZ80 as an
> universal flexible language (like scripts) to support attached hardware.
> What would it be shortest way to do it?
> I think of course about C (Zilog has good support of own products...).

I think Python is too large a language for such a small processor.
Among embedded developers, FORTH is a favorite script language since
implementations can be extremely compact and efficient.  There are
several Z80 implementations already existing.  Programming in Forth is
pain compared to Python though, in my opinion.

To horrify Python and Forth fans simultaneously, I once implemented
Forth in Python, where every Forth word compiled to a Python function
closure.  But on a Z80 you wouldn't do anything like that.