Non GPL Python MySQL Client Library.

Sion Arrowsmith siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Jun 29 09:39:19 EDT 2004

A.M. Kuchling <amk at amk.ca> wrote:
>It seems much simpler to choose PostgreSQL (or perhaps Firebird) instead of
>MySQL; neither database presents such an irritating licensing issue.

Unless your target platform is Windows, in which case Postgres
presents an even more irritating licensing issue, in that not
only do you need a licence, but you need to decide who you're
going to get it from.

(Compatability of Firebird's SQL with any existing SQL you
have lying around is another matter which is giving me a major
headache at the moment.)

--
\S -- siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk -- http://www.chaos.org.uk/~sion/
  ___  |  "Frankly I have no feelings towards penguins one way or the other"