New Online Judge System for functional languages

Esmeralda Weatherwax t.p.s.a at gazeta.pl
Sat Jun 12 06:38:21 EDT 2004

For 10 days now, a new online judge (a system for the verification of the
 correctness of submitted programs, which solve problems selected from a
 repository) has been available to the public.

 The Sphere Online Judge (SPOJ) is available at spoj.sphere.pl, and
 supports solutions written in 18 different programming languages
 including Haskell, Ocaml, Prolog, Icon and Ruby.

 At present, well over half the problems can be solved in functional
 languages easily within the time-limit. Soon, source code length
 will be introduced as an additional criterion.

 We would be very pleased if you were interested in solving problems at our
 server, or if you could recommend it to other programmers or students.

 It is also possible to add problems dedicated to functional
 programming, so if you were willing to create some new interesting
 tasks, the development team would be pleased to cooperate.

 With best wishes,
 Esme