datetime, calendar, time intervals

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Sun Jun 20 10:59:16 EDT 2004

NewToPython wrote:

> interested in the data functions of the latest release as well.  When
> you say that it was a C module, are you saying the library of date
> functions in the latest version are written in C?  Does this somehow
> stop us from back-porting it to 2.2 or 2.1 python?  I would be very

Nobody would stop someone willing to do the work :-)

> interested in seeing the C source code for the date routines, along
> with the routine descriptions - where can I find that?

You can find the source distribution of the current version at the usual
place:

http://www.python.org/download/

A good starting point for a (future) developer would be

http://www.python.org/dev/

If you are only interested in one module, you can browse the CVS tree (see
"Outside Links" on the above page). The datetime implementation is here:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/python/python/dist/src/Modules/datetimemodule.c

Peter