HPUX Installation error

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Thu Jun 10 11:31:43 EDT 2004

dean wrote:
> Hello Group:
>
> I obtained a copy ofthe python 2.3.3 depot (binary zipped) from the hp
> porting archive. I have successfully unzipped the file and installed
> it using swinstall. I received the following errors when installing:

> xx ERROR:   The dependencies for fileset
> "python.python-SHLIBS,r=2.3.3"        x
> xx          cannot be resolved (see previous lines).
>       v x
> xxqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
>
> Has anybody seem this error and how is it rectified. I am also unable
> to install the cx_oracle module. Please help

I'd suggest you ask the hp porting archive people for more
help. They've done the packaging for it. It looks (to me)
like you need to install a few other packages first, or at
the same time.

> -----------------------oracle error-------------------------
>
> root at hermes:/home/dlicheri/cx_Oracle-4.0.1 > python setup.py build
> install
> Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
> Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "setup.py", line 13, in ?
>     import time
> ImportError: No module named time

This indicates that your python install is pretty much hosed.
The timemodule is a very very fundamental and basic module - if
it's missing, chances are lots more is as well.