(OT) Boa Constructor and Python 2.3.4

news dcsmpayne at bigpond.com
Tue Jun 15 08:05:08 EDT 2004

I have installed (& run) boa on W2K and XP. On my home machine never any
probs, but at work on W2K and XP I found I had to edit 3 files / classes.
I hope this may help you
 I've just installed python 2.2, wxpython 2.4, and Boa Constructor 0.2.0, on
win 2000 sp3.
      When I click on the boa.py file, I get the Boa splash, and an 'Error
on startup" dialog with the details; '"global name 'string' is not defined".
      Any thoughts?
      Thanks
      Ant (New to Python)

      By: antonahill ( ant hill )
      RE: error on startup
      2003-01-27 03:59

      Hi
      I have it running.
      I had to add 'string' to the Import statement at the beginning of
these files:
      About.py, StyledTextCtrls.py, and PropertyEditors.py

regards
Darren
"flupke" <flupke at nonexistingdomain.com> wrote in message
news:f%zzc.96$Ow7.58431618 at hebe.telenet-ops.be...
> Hi,
>
> i'm trying to get boa constructor working with Python 2.3.4
> At first i tried with boa 0.2.3 but that gave me an error. After
> searching the web, it appeared that it's best to work with the
> CVS version. Well, i checked that version out and moved it
> to C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\wxPython\tools\boa
> When i then try to run it "python boa.py" it gives me this
> output (windows 2000):
>
> C:\Python23>C:\Python23\python.exe
> C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\wxPython\tools\boa\boa.py
> Starting Boa Constructor v0.2.8
> importing wxPython
> reading user preferences
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\wxPython\tools\boa\boa.py", line
231,
> in ?
>     import Preferences, Utils, About
>   File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\wxPython\tools\boa\Preferences.py",
> line 130, in ?
>     execfile(file)
>   File
> "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\wxPython\tools\boa\Config\prefs.rc.py",
line
> 25, in ?
>     splitterStyle = wxCLIP_CHILDREN | wxSP_LIVE_UPDATE | \
> NameError: name 'wxSP_FULLSASH' is not defined
>
> My wxPython is version 2.5.1.5u.
> Any ideas?
>
> Kind regards,
> Benedict