Templating engine?

has has.temp2 at virgin.net
Sun Jun 20 14:36:20 EDT 2004

Daniel Ellison <daniel at syrinx.net> wrote in message news:<2jke5uF117g8aU1 at uni-berlin.de>...

> I have a distaste for templating engines in general. I much prefer a
> complete separation of code from markup - or from any sort of
> presentation, for that matter.

PyMeld, Nevow.renderer and HTMLTemplate all provide complete
separation of business and presentation logic from HTML markup. These
support desktop application-style MVC, where GUI widget classes (View)
are separated from the code that controls them (Controller).*

Also, because they're designed specifically for templating, they
should also be a lot simpler and easier to use than generic DOM
systems such as ElementTree.

--

* i.e. Apple's definition of MVC, which differs to Smalltalk's (the
one that web app developers seem to follow) where 'View' encompasses