Why did no one invent Python before?

Steve Lamb grey at despair.dmiyu.org
Thu Jun 3 22:35:23 EDT 2004

On 2004-06-04, Hans Nowak <hans at zephyrfalcon.org> wrote:
> I would.  Turbo Pascal, that is, not Perl.  Of course, back then I didn't know
> any better... :-)

    All I remember from those days was getting stuck on casting.  Everything
up until that point was easy but after that I just couldn't figure out how to
make "1" into 1.  Seemed, obvious to me.  *sigh*  Then again, I was 11 at the
time so maybe my experience with the language is colored.  I do know I still
prefer Pascal (in general) to C (in general) but find tcc really neat!  :)