Interfacing with clipboard (from Tkinter or whatever) - newbie quetion

A. Lloyd Flanagan alloydflanagan at comcast.net
Tue Jun 22 11:01:38 EDT 2004

Mark 'Kamikaze' Hughes <kamikaze at kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu> wrote in message news:<slrncd6jms.1m3r.kamikaze at kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu>...
> Porky Pig Jr <porky_pig_jr at my-deja.com>
> wrote on 16 Jun 2004 16:20:13 -0700:
>   I don't use Emacs, but probably you selected and copied that text with
> the keyboard, so it never got in PRIMARY, and Emacs only uses PRIMARY.

Actually, this is Emacs we're talking about, which means it isn't that
simple.  Emacs uses its own buffer by default, but (of course) you can
customize it.  In particular, there's an option "X Select Enable
Clipboard" in the customization group "Editing/Killing" which causes
emacs to use the X selection in addition to its private buffer.

If you get really ambitious, you can tell emacs which X selection to
use, but you don't want to go there if you can help it. :)