Templating engine?

Rene Pijlman reply.in.the.newsgroup at my.address.is.invalid
Sat Jun 19 06:43:16 EDT 2004

Leif K-Brooks:
>Rene Pijlman:
>> I've used Cheetah with mod_python and it worked fine:
>> http://www.cheetahtemplate.org/
>
>Looks interesting, but the last update was over six months ago. Any idea
>what might be going on with it?

The mailing list is still active with people using the software. There's
nothing wrong with it as far as I can tell.

What particular functionality or fix seems to be lacking?

Well, I can think of one: I don't like the explicit compilation model. I'd
prefer some sort of automatic compilation, based on the timestamp of the
source file. So that it can be used more easily, like PHP.

--
René Pijlman