Python Scripting in Windows MSIE 6.0

Neil Hodgson nhodgson at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jun 11 21:06:12 EDT 2004

Claudio Grondi:

> I have the latest Python 2.3.4 installed.
> What do I wrong?
> Runs anyone of you (inspite of the security concerns) successfully
> Python as scripting language in Windows MSIE 6.0 HTML pages
> using it like JavaScript or VBScript ?

   The Python Extensions for Windows supported use of client side Python in
web pages for several years but this is now disabled because of security.
You could try finding an older version of win32all or modifying the current
version: I expect Mark Hammond has not deleted the code, just turned it off.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/
   There is a mailing list for Win32 issues: