shared file access in python

Lev Elblert elbertlev at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 23 15:05:46 EDT 2004

Peter!

I do not know what kind of msvcrt module you have, but here is the
output of relavant commands on my machine:

>>> import msvcrt
>>> str(msvcrt)
"<module 'msvcrt' (built-in)>"
>>> print msvcrt.__doc__
None
>>> dir (msvcrt)
['LK_LOCK', 'LK_NBLCK', 'LK_NBRLCK', 'LK_RLCK', 'LK_UNLCK', '__doc__',
'__name__', 'get_osfhandle', 'getch', 'getche', 'heapmin', 'kbhit',
'locking', 'open_osfhandle', 'putch', 'setmode', 'ungetch']

out of all functions, probably kbhit and getch are used, to control
multythereaded applications from console.