new to the list and...

Fuzzyman michael at foord.net
Mon Jun 14 03:25:24 EDT 2004

"Daniel Farmer" <danfarmer at hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.926.1087164886.6949.python-list at python.org>...
> Hi... I'm just getting started with P, but am very eager to explore it's
> possiblities.
>
> Where would I begin to find out about creating windows like GUI with
> Python?
>
> I've downloaded tcl/tk... I'm not exactly sure what to do with them at
> this point. ( they're sitting in folders on my desktop ).
>
> --

If you are using Python with Windows then Tk/Tcl and the Python
Tkinter libraries all come with the Python distributions. You
shouldn't need to download tcl seperately.

'Programming Python' has a really straightforward introduction to
building GUIs using Tk. Alternatively there's a couple of simple apps
with Tk interfaces on my website at

Regards,

Fuzzy