preftree 0.3 released

David Fraser davidf at sjsoft.com
Wed Jun 2 07:37:06 EDT 2004

Donald 'Paddy' McCarthy wrote:
> Wilk wrote:
>
>> David Fraser <davidf at sjsoft.com> writes:
>>

>>> Following up on a promise in the Config discussion ...
>>>
>>> preftree has been released under the Python license.
>>> You can get version 0.3 from
>>> http://davidf.sjsoft.com/files/preftree-0.3.tar.gz
>>

>> thanks, it look a lot like yaml... Don't you think it could be a layer
>> on top of yaml ?
>>
> The example shows string, integers and (nested) dictionary types. I
> presume floating point would be obvious, and is included but what about
> lists?

Floating point? Never! :-) I should add that.
Lists aren't included (which is something yaml does with different
syntax), but the preftree approach would be to just have a number of
elements. The inspiration for preftree was from the Mozilla prefs, where
for example a list of mail accounts would contain account1, account2 etc.
What we need to do is make it easier to iterate over elements at a point
in a tree.

David