property file

Mariano mariano.df at tin.it
Tue Jun 15 04:41:58 EDT 2004

"Larry Bates" <lbates at swamisoft.com> wrote in message news:<U66dnebxDYFBXFTdRVn-jw at comcast.com>...
> I would use ConfigParser from the standard library.
> It supports sections, built in conversions, default
> values, variable insertion, and writing of the
> file (as well as reading).
>
> -Larry Bates
>
> "Neil Benn" <benn at cenix-bioscience.com> wrote in message
> news:mailman.860.1086962012.6949.python-list at python.org...
> > Hello,
> >
> >           One way that I have done this is to make a file with :
> >
> > <key>=<value>\n
> >
> >     Then open the file and use the following list comprehension to get
> > back a dict with the properties in it :
> >
> > objFile = file('MyConfigurationFile.conf')
> >
> > dctConfiguration = dict([(key.strip(), value.strip()) \
> >                          for (key,value) in [line.split('=') \
> >                                              for line in objFile]])
> >
> >     It's not as simple as Properties in Java but you could wrap it in a
> > class to copy the Java Properties class.  You could also add some
> > intellegence to it so that it doesn't bomb out if the properties file is
> > slightly wrong.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Neil
> >
> > Mariano wrote:
> >
> > >Hi
> > >
> > >Have someone any idea how create/read a property file as java property
>  file?
> > >If not, is there some other solutions?
> > >
> > >Thank's in advance
> > >

> > --
> >
> > Neil Benn
> > Senior Automation Engineer
> > Cenix BioScience
> > BioInnovations Zentrum
> > Tatzberg 47
> > D-01307
> > Dresden
> > Germany
> >
> > Tel : +49 (0)351 4173 154
> > e-mail : benn at cenix-bioscience.com
> > Cenix Website : http://www.cenix-bioscience.com

I've found a great solutions!
I use the ConfigParser, as Larry Bates says, because the manual parser
with the character "=" isn't good.
I can have this possible problem:
Userkey = dklf343=S234978

In this case, i would not simple problem.
Instead, the ConfigParser is simple and affidable, with the sections!

Thank's a lot at all!!!