Modal dialog of a foreign window

Alexander Eisenhuth newsuser at stacom-software.de
Wed Jun 30 03:25:26 EDT 2004

Hi,

I've a wxPython Application on Windows that glues a
database, Excel, and a GUI for configuration issues using
COM. Works pretty good. In the next step I want to integrate
the GUI-dialog more into Excel, so it should look like a
modal toplevel dialoge of Excel.

I've a class for the main dialog derived from wxFrame, and
doing on startup:
wxFrame.__init__(self, NULL, -1, cnfDesText, size=(800,600))

My Idea is now to give as parent the Window handle of Excel
to the constructor of wxFrame.

Not sure how the window handle can be retrieved (VBA,
win32-Extension, wxWindows, ...)

Any idea ??

Thanks a lot for all ideas, comments, hints in advance
Alexander