Doc strings for a standalone app??

Rick L. Ratzel rick.ratzel at scd.magma-da.com
Wed Jun 9 12:53:35 EDT 2004

The only perceived disadvantages that I'm aware of occur when you don't
use the -OO flag.  Docstrings end up in frozen executables and .pyc
files, visible through the use of the "strings" command (which is a
problem for people who think the information is hidden from the binary
file like a comment).  The binary files are also ever so slightly larger
when docstrings are used instead of comments.  However, using -OO
removes docstrings in addition to applying optimizations...the frozen
executable or resulting .pyo files have no docstrings and are a bit smaller.

-Rick Ratzel