executing a python script from another python script.

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Fri Jun 4 09:12:44 EDT 2004

In article <mailman.571.1086342512.6949.python-list at python.org>,
sarmin kho  <sarmin_kho at yahoo.com> wrote:
			.
>I ve created a GUI using Boa constructor and am now trying to execute a
>python script when pressing a button on the GUI. So, there will then be
>two main threads running (the GUI thread and the python script thread).
>The purpose of doing this is to enable selecting python script to be run
>from the GUI.
			.
			.
			.
What you want certainly is possible.  I don't understand
yet what you want.

Please explain the user view again.  The user sees a GUI.
The user pushes a button.  "[T]he [P]ython script" begins
to execute.  Does the GUI need the result of the script's
operation?  Is the purpose of the button-push to run the
script, or to run it and receive a result?  Should the GUI
"block" until the script is done, or remain responsive to
other user points-and-clicks, or go on with other actions?
On what platforms do you want to run your application?
--

Cameron Laird <claird at phaseit.net>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net