mutable default parameter problem [Prothon]

Antoon Pardon apardon at forel.vub.ac.be
Mon Jun 28 07:21:09 EDT 2004

Op 2004-06-25, Mark Hahn schreef <mark at prothon.org>:

> There are many clean readable programming conventions that rely on return
> values.  This is certainly an acceptable construct, right?
>
>     while len(list.append!(x)) < 10:
>             blah blah blah
>
> Compare that to the less readable and less maintainable Python version:
>
>     list.append(x)
>     while len(list) < 10:
>             blah blah
>             list.append(x)   # duplicate code
>
> I can come up with many more.  I think when you have been without a language
> feature for a while you tend to block it out of your mind.

Well personnally I would solve this with a more general loop construct.

Something like: (Pseudo code)

loop:
    list.append(x)
  while len(list) < 10:
    blah blah.

The more general construct would be something like:

loop:
    code
  while condition1:
    code
  else:
    exit code if condition1 fails
  while condition2:
    code
  else:
    exit code if condion2 fail

Does prothon provide for such a general loop?