Problems installing pymat - missing libraries

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Thu Jun 10 11:36:11 EDT 2004

    Roy> error: Failed dependencies: libeng.so is needed by
    Roy> pymat-1.1.90-1 libmat.so is needed by pymat-1.1.90-1 libmx.so
    Roy> is needed by pymat-1.1.90-1 libut.so is needed by
    Roy> pymat-1.1.90-1

    Roy> What should I do to get those missing libraries ? What are
    Roy> they ?

These are matlab libraries (pymat requires matlab).  On my system
(linux), they are located in /usr/local/matlab/extern/lib/glnx86.  I'm
not sure how RPM handles the resolution of shared libraries.  It may
be enough to add the path containing these libraries to
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and then run /sbin/ldconfig before rerunning the rpm
installer.

JDH