POP3 and email

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Sun Jun 6 14:48:42 EDT 2004

Paul Schmidt <wogsterca at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Dear list:
>
> I am new to python, and I am trying to figure out the short answer on
> something.
>
> I want to open a POP3 mailbox, read the enclosed mail using the POP3
> module, , and then process it using the email module.
>
> Environment Python 2.3.4, Mandrake Linux 9.0 patched up the wazoo...
>
> There is some stuff that isn't clear here, can I pass the POP3 message
> directly to email for processing, or does it need to be saved to a
> temporary file somewhere first? The emails being received will consist
> of headers, a tiny amount of text, and one or more MIME attachments.
>
> Let me explain the project, and then this should all make sense.
>

> I havc one or more people going to an event, they will send emails to a
> special email address, of stuff to go on a website.  This is an HTML
> page, which could have one or more photos attached to display in the
> page once the HTML is processed, the whole thing gets FTP to the web.

Probably, HTML form would be better interface for this kind of thing.
But, in any case, you have Linux.  This also means you already have
Procmail/Fetchmail/Sendmail at your fingertips.

--
William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>
No, I will not fix your computer!  I'll reformat your harddisk, though.