Queue module and Python Documentation Rant

Paramjit Oberoi p_s_oberoi at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 18 08:56:44 EDT 2004

> The documentation is fine.  It is pretty standard for docs constructed
> "cathedral" style.  I do wish it was more bazaar style like the PHP
> ones, but I don't have the time or inclination to help put the infrastructure
> in place.  Do you?

I personally really like Python documentation, and very rarely have any
trouble with it.  However, I think it could be improved by having a
consistent policy regarding examples.  Some modules do have examples, but
many don't.

I think a policy that requires all modules to have examples, and a
consistent place for them in the documentation, would be a big help.  It
doesn't have to be a sudden overhaul of everything; but a clear policy
will hopefully lead to examples slowly being added to all parts of the
docs in a year or two.

Regardless, in my experience, the Python documentation is much better that
most other documentation I have had to use.  But then, I have a masters in
computer science, so I can actually understand the module index <wink>.

-param