Balanced tree type coming in next Python?

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Mon Jun 7 05:57:09 EDT 2004

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 04:45:13 GMT, rumours say that Kenneth McDonald
<kenneth.m.mcdonald at sbcglobal.net> might have written:

>I can't see anything about this in the notes on the upcoming
>2.4 on python.org, but for some reason I thought I remembered
>seeing that a balanced tree sequence type would be included
>in Python in the near future. Is this correct?

Not AFAIK (although it would be a good addition to the new collections
module).

PS Any volunteers to port and maintain Judy arrays/trees for Python?-)
http://judy.sourceforge.net/
They'd be an interesting alternative to dictionaries in some cases (esp
very large dictionaries).
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,
"I have a cunning plan, m'lord" --Sean Bean as Odysseus/Ulysses